Construction & Real Estate
Our lawyers represent general contractors, construction managers, private and municipal owners, architects and engineers, subcontractors, vendors, and other construction industry professionals.
We litigate a broad range of construction issues, involving contract formation and negotiation, RFPs and other types of bids, surety and municipal bonds, tax-increment financing, wrap-up insurance programs, safety and tort liability, compliance with federal and state regulations, and mechanic’s liens.
We represent commercial real estate owners, REITs, and property management companies in litigation involving sale purchase agreements, lease disputes, general contract enforcement, municipality and administrative hearings, premises liability, property loss and subrogration claims, ADA accessibility issues, and inverse condemnation. We also advise our clients in risk management, preventative OSHA safety compliance, and anti-discriminatory labor practices.
Finally, we also represent construction and real estate entities as employers or responsible parties in workers’ compensation arbitration and commission hearings.
- On behalf of American Bridge Company, we obtained a not guilty verdict in Illinois state court in a case involving a 20 foot fall and injury to a structural ironworker and claimed damages of USD 9.5 million. The ironworker appealed the verdict, and we also successfully prosecuted the appeal.
- We represent a large Chicago-based general contractor in various highway and commercial construction injury lawsuits.
- We are trial counsel for a New York-based construction firm for all personal injury and workers’ compensation claims pending in Illinois.
- We represent the portfolio of a nationally known real estate holding company against ADA Title III suits in Florida, Ohio, and New York federal courts, among other venues in the U.S.
- We defend a national commercial developer in premises liabilty, property loss, design defect, and completed operations claims.
- We represent an Ohio-based concrete contractor in various mechanic’s lien priority issues.
We would like to hear from you.
Any response to this web page does not create an attorney-client relationship and therefore no attorney-client privilege is attached by this communication. Furthermore, the information you transmit will not be treated as confidential.
Please do not send us any information regarding any current or potential legal matter absent a written statement confirming our engagement by you as your legal counsel.