Jack has thirty years of experience in defending insurers in first and third-party energy, construction, manufacturing, and transportation claims. He advises clients on catastrophic losses, pollution liability, cyber risks, and bad faith.
Jack has successfully resolved disputes involving ISO, Bermuda form, London, and manuscript wordings, including standard and nonstandard pollution exclusions, claims made and occurrence reported coverage, integrated and batch occurrence, cargo, hull and P&I cover, completed operations and business risk exclusions, allocation of costs, application misrepresentation, policy nullification and rescission, and the priority of coverage among insurers.
Jack is rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell. He was selected for inclusion in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 Illinois Super Lawyers®. Jack is past vice-chair of the Economics of Tort and Insurance Law Practice Committee of the American Bar Association.
- University of Chicago, A.B., 1990
- Indiana University, J.D., 1993
- Illinois, 1993
- California, 2003
- New York, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third, Sixth, Seventh, and Ninth Circuits
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Central, Southern, and Northern Districts of California, District of Colorado, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims